What’s so great about adoption?
- It saves lives.
- It means you aren’t supporting pet stores and puppy mills.
- It saves you money—all of our animals are spayed/neutered, micro-chipped and examined by our veterinarians. They are sent home with a complimentary 30 day pet health insurance policy from Shelter Care.
- It offers you a bigger selection—shelter animals come in all shapes ages, and sizes. So you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
- It’ll make you happy—a shelter animal just wants to be loved. Give them the attention they need and you’ll get unconditional love in return.
- Operation Ava will take back any of our adopted pets. We are committed to their future.
When you adopt from Operation Ava, you don’t just save the life of your new pet—you also save the life of the homeless animal who takes her place here at the Save-a-Life Center. Everybody wins!Visit our adoption center at 3rd and Poplar Streets in Philadelphia or attend one of our adoption events to meet some wonderful cats and dogs waiting for their forever home. Or browse through all of Operation Ava’s adoptable animals to find your new best friend.
Adoptable Operation Ava Animals
See someone you like? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or stop in our Save-A-Life Center to meet the animal in person.
Adoption hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
FEATURED SPONSOROperation Ava is proud to be a Partner for Pets! BISSELL and LostPetUSA.net have teamed up to help organizations like ours raise money, and now you can help too! When you purchase pet products on bissell.com, enter the code ADOPT at checkout, and select Operation Ava, a portion of your purchase will be donated to our organization. What's more, every purchase goes toward an entry for us to win a $5,000 quarterly giveaway!