When you adopt from Operation Ava, you don’t just save the life of your new pet—you also save the life of the homeless animal who takes her place here at the Save-a-Life Center. Everybody wins!
Come visit our adoption center at 3rd and Poplar Streets in Philadelphia or attend one of our adoption events
to meet some wonderful cats and dogs waiting for their forever home.
Or browse through all of Operation Ava’s adoptable animals to find your new best friend.
Adoptable Operation Ava Animals
See someone you like? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or stop in our Save-A-Life Center to meet the animal in person.
Adoption hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
What’s so great about adoption?
Some things to remember:
- It saves lives.
- It means you aren’t supporting pet stores and puppy mills.
- It saves you money—all of our animals are spayed/neutered, micro-chipped and examined by our veterinarians. They are sent home with a complimentary 30 day pet health insurance policy from Shelter Care.
- It offers you a bigger selection—shelter animals come in all shapes ages, and sizes. So you’re sure to find one that’s right for you.
- It’ll make you happy—a shelter animal just wants to be loved. Give them the attention they need and you’ll get unconditional love in return.
- Operation will take back any of our adopted pets. We are committed to their future.
Before you adopt, please provide one veterinary reference or three personal references. We also recommend you bring all your family members in to meet the animal, as well as schedule a time for your other dog(s) to meet him or her (if you have any). If you rent you should check with your landlord to see if you need permission to have a pet.
Each adoption requires a small fee that includes the cost to spay or neuter, vaccinations, a microchip and 30 days of pet insurance. Fees range from $75 to $350, depending on the animal.
Download our adoption application.